Does alcohol play a vital part in the daily life of your loved one? Distinguishing a line between occasional healthy recreation and an unhealthy habit can be a challenge. However, there are some very clear signs that their once healthy intake is turning into an unhealthy addiction. If you’re unsure of whether or not your loved one may be suffering with an alcohol addiction ask yourself these questions:
- Are their daily social habits changing? Are they becoming more and more withdrawn?
- Are usual interests and hobbies being put on the back-burner?
- Do they seem unable to manage daily responsibilities that they once managed with ease?
- Is their drinking having a negative effect on their relationships, including with relatives, friends, or their spouse?
- Do they continue to drink despite the fact that they may have been put into a dangerous situation in the past as a result of drinking?
- Are they facing legal issues as a result of their drinking, such as public intoxication, driving while under the influence, or for being involved in physical or verbal fights?
- Are they spending more money on drinks than they previously had?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, your loved one may be in need of the help. Pain management clinics can assist in the acknowledgement and the resolution of your loved one’s addiction!